April is a vibrant 25 year old female living in the Kilmarnock area. She enjoys shopping, going for lunches, having pamper days and socialising with her friends. She is currently attending college and work’s one day a week. April has a good sense of humour and is fun to be around.
We are looking to recruit a female support worker to join her highly motivated and enthusiastic team. You will support April in her own home to build on her daily living skills and to provide her with opportunities to meet new people of similar ages and find new interests.
This work can be rewarding and challenging and will enable support staff to enhance their learning and development. A comprehensive training and induction package is provided as are ongoing opportunities for professional development. You will receive also a competitive salary, access to the company pension scheme and Credit Union.
- Hours: Various contracts available .Shift work including evenings, weekends, public holidays and sleepovers
- Rate of Pay: £8:75 plus overnight payment
- Area: Kilmarnock
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion
- Closing Date: 25 June 2018
- Reference: AG/MR
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
Ideally, you will be/have:
Experience in supporting people with Autism (would be advantageous)
The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
A willingness to learn
Someone who is patient , calm and assertive
Is a team player and creative in their thinking
Has ability to stick to boundaries and routines
Is a good listener, and a good communicator
Is confident promoting structure and can give clear and consistent boundaries
Has the strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
Is flexible regarding shift work
Requirements for this vacancy
For this position gender, it is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Understands and works in a person centered way
Understands all behavior is communication
If you feel you have the skills and qualities that we are looking for we would really like to hear from you. If you would like an informal chat around April’s vacancies please call Amanda Gibb Area Facilitator on 01563 825516 or Lauren Agnew Team Facilitator on 07875556579 during office hours.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel. 01563 825555 / email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application form, Job description and Information pack
Jobs in this region
- Male Support Practitioner for Jake (DC/DD/JP) 14th June 2018
- Support Practitioner for Chris (DC/DD/JMCF) 14th June 2018
- Support Practitioner for Jackson (AG/AW) 15th May 2018
- Support Practitioner for Jamie (DC/DD/JW) 26th March 2018
- Support Practitioner for Raymond (DC/RC) 28th December 2017
- Support Practitioner Vacancies 19th February 2018
- Support Practitioners – (ZM/LL/AYR) 4th June 2018
- Support Worker for Amy (DC/AM) 14th May 2018