Hi my name is Daniel. I am 58 years old. I am looking for a new member to join my team. I live in my own house in the countryside and love my independence. I have a great sense of humour, I’m very sociable and enjoy being out and about for coffee food and meeting new people. I enjoy all kinds of shopping and have a good eye for a bargain. I have Autism and limited verbal communication but with patience and understanding I’m very able to communicate my needs through signing and pictures Do you have the motivation and enthusiasm to become a part of my team, as they support me towards greater independence and strengthen my links in my community?
- Hours: Part Time 14 hours
- Rate of Pay: £8:45 plus overnight payment
- Area: Kilmarnock Area
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion
- Closing Date: 16 February 2018
- Reference: MS/DM
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
Share the values of the organisation that are essential for person centered support.
Understand all behavior is communication.
• You should have great patience and a calm nature
• You should not be easily startled and able to cope with challenges if they arise.
• Be committed to support Daniel to maintain existing and make new friendships.
• You should be forward thinking and able to think on your feet.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good written skills..
• Able to work in a consistent manner and maintain boundaries and routines.
• Enthusiastic and motivated.
• Flexible in working times as post includes evening, week-end working and sleepovers.
• Able to follow policies and procedures to ensure safety of Daniel, the team and the organisation.
• Able to communicate with colleagues and external agencies.
• Have a full clean driving licence to drive a Motability car.
• Knowledge of local area and resources.
Requirements for this vacancy
Comprehensive in-house training and development.
• Career development opportunities.
• A competitive salary.
For an informal chat or to find out more please contact: Marjorie Spence on 01563 825555, during office hours
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel. 01563 825555 / email email@example.com.