Charles is a young man who lives in his own home in East Ayrshire. Charles enjoys being active, accessing his local community and sometimes traveling further afield to attend events and social attractions. Charles has a great sense of humour, likes playing pool at home and playing interactive games on his television. You would be required to support Charles with his finances, medication, maintaining a healthy diet and ensuring that Charles’s health and well-being is maintained.
- Ref: KR/CT
- Hours: Casual
- Rate of Pay: £8.25 – pending pay review, plus overnight allowance
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 23 September 2017
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
To become a successful part of this team, you should be motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and energetic. As this role is lone working within a small team you should be able to work on your own initiative.
The qualities that you will need to support Charles are:
· Good sense of humour
· An outdoor person
· Ability to remain calm
· Willing to try new activities
· A good communicator
· Being comfortable with Charles in your personal space
· To be firm but also caring
· To promote independence but also prompt Charles to take part in household tasks
Requirements for this vacancy
An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care or willing to work towards this
In line with the Scottish Social Services Council you will be required to have or work towards an appropriate qualification in order to register with them.
You will require to be registered with the PVG scheme before being employed with our organisation.
For an informal chat about this vacancy please call Kevin Rynn, Service Manager, on 01563 825516 or 07753498777.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel. 01563 825555 / email email@example.com.