We have a great opportunity to build a small team of Support Practitioners to support Cara. Cara is 18 years old and lives at home with her family in Largs. Cara is looking for Support Practitioners who are fun, sociable and keen to support her to go out and about to do all the things she loves. Cara has a real passion for music, both playing and listening. Cara would love to share these great musical experiences with her team who would support her to go to her music sessions and concerts.
Cara also enjoys bowling, rebound trampolining, and swimming in warm water. Cara loves socialising and intensive interaction. Cara will be supported by two team members at any one time to help with her various health and care needs which will include personal care. Excellent training opportunities will be provided for this post.
- Hours: Minimum 7 hours per day (Monday-Friday and some weekends)
- Rate of Pay: Up to £10 per hour depending on experience
- Area: North Ayrshire, Largs
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 13 April 2018
- Reference: FT/CB
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
Cara is looking for team members who:
- Are patient, caring and enthusiastic
- Have a positive attitude and are motivated
- Have a passion for music (musicians welcome)
- Are confident, flexible and can work on own initiative
- Have a good sense of fun
- Are able to work alongside family
- Are forward thinking
- Are good community connectors
Requirements for this vacancy
Must have a current driving licence
Experience in the administration of medications, and complex support needs is desirable
Understand that all behaviour is communication
Have excellent communication skills
Understand and work in a person centred way
This position has a ‘genuine occupational requirement’ covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from females are requested.
If you feel you have the skills and qualities that Cara is looking for we would really like to hear from you. If you would like an informal chat about this vacancy please call Fiona Thomson, Service Leader on 01563 825516, during office hours.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below.
If you have difficulty completing the application form, please telephone us on 01563 825 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.