Brian is a 22 year old man who lives in South Ayrshire. We are looking to recruit a dedicated support Worker who will support Brian to remain active in his local community and encourage him to be all he can be.
- Hours: 14 hours variable – shift work including evening, weekends, and public holidays
- Rate of Pay: £8:75 plus overnight payment
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 30 November 2018
- Reference: DC/DD/BK
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:
- An understanding of professional boundaries but also show humanity
- Possess Good Communication, listening and written skills
- Possess a good sense of humour and good fun
- Adventurous, forward thinking and motivated
- Flexible in approach
- Able to stick to and promote structure and routines
- Comfortable with touch/tactile
- Able to show strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Strong community networking
Requirements for this vacancy
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Work in a person centred way
- Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
- An understanding all behaviour is communication
- Possess excellent communication and written skills
- Work as part of a small teamDesirable
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
- An understanding of Autism
- Full Driving Licence
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities, particularly those who are on the autistic spectrum.
This role involves shift work including evening, weekends, sleepovers and public holidays.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying you can contact Dawn Cook or David Drennan on 01563 825516, during office hours.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel. 01563 825555 / email email@example.com.