Adam is a 26 year old man who lives with his parents in Girvan. Adam has a very busy week, which includes attending college in Girvan, college in Ayr, local community garden and Racerunning. Adam also enjoys music and dancing, and attends the local Independance Group. Adam also enjoys walking,go-karting and swimming on a weekly basis, and working in the family garden. Although Adam has very limited verbal communication, he can very clearly tell you what he does or does not want.
- Ref: DC/AM
- Hours: Casual contract, shift work may include evening, weekends, and public holidays
- Rate of Pay: £8:25 plus overnight payment
- Area: South Ayrshire, Girvin
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 21 August 2017
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
Adam is looking for a support worker who:
- has similar interests
- is a strong community connector.
- has a good Sense of humour
- is forward thinking
- has a mature outlook on life
- has ability to stick to boundaries and routines
- is patient, a good listener, and good communicator
- is confident promoting structure and can give clear and consistent boundaries
- is a team player
Requirements for this vacancy
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Just Connections on 01563 825516, during office hours
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel.01563 825 555 / email firstname.lastname@example.org