Paul is a man in his early thirties who lives in his own home in Ayr. He is active and enthusiastic and likes to be on the go, out and about, spending time with his family and friends. He enjoys swimming, walks along the beach and in the park, holidays and attending his regular clubs.
Paul joint runs a small gardening enterprise which his team support him with and has been doing so successfully for some time now.
He is looking for people to join his team who are motivated, creative, and able to use their own initiative and keep up with his pace of life, have excellent communications skills, be flexible, dependable and genuinely enjoy spending time with him.
- Ref: AM/RK
- Hours: 15 Hours contract, shift work may include evening, weekends, and public holidays
- Rate of Pay: £8:25 plus overnight payment
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion
- Closing Date: 21 July 2017
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
Paul is looking for someone who has the ability to:
- Enable Paul to manage his house, finances, and social calendar
- Further promote Paul’s independence and build his social skills and confidence
- Support Paul to make friends
- A clear understanding of how to work in a person centred way and an ability to maintain boundaries
- An understanding that all behaviour is communication and have patience
- Have a Flexible approach and similar Interests
- Not easily phased and have a calm approach
- Can work in a consistent and professional manner
Requirements for this vacancy
A full clean driving license
SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
Understanding and experience of supporting someone with a learning disability
Excellent communication, written and IT skills
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
*This position has a “genuine occupational requirement” covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applicants from females requested.
This position comes under the (Exception Order) to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
If you would like more information or an informal chat you should contact Kate on 07964945697
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel.01563 825 555 / email email@example.com