- Ref: KB/VP
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual - Casual
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 28th August 2020
- Interview Date: TBC
Veronica is an outgoing, friendly, chatty and active young woman who lives in her own tenancy in Prestwick. Veronica loves spending time with her family, singing, shopping and general girly things.
Veronica is looking to:–
- maintain close relationship with her family
- promote and maintain friendships
- develop her skills in becoming independent
Veronica is looking for someone who is:–
- Flexible in working times as post includes evenings, weekends and sleepovers.
- Confident promoting clear and consistent boundaries
- The ability to stick to, and promote structure and routines
- The strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Similar interests
- A strong community connector.
- Has a good Sense of humour and is good fun
- Adventurous, forward thinking and motivated
- Patient, a good listener, and a good communicator
- A team player
- Can motivate and support Veronica to learn to cook and take care of her home
- A dedicated person, who will help her lead her life to the full
- Fit and active, who enjoys the outdoors
Essential for the Support Worker role is that you can demonstrate the following:–
- Understands and works in a person centred way
- Understands the importance of family involvement
- Understands all behaviour is communication
- Has excellent communication and written skills
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults on the Autistic spectrum
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
This role involves shift work including evening, weekends, sleepovers and public holidays.
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please phone Karen Brown on 07811 451 802 during office hours.
*This position has a “genuine occupational requirement” covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from females requested.
This position comes under the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions order)