- Ref: AM/DB
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Variable - 14 hours
- Pay: £9.50 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 31st July 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Amy lives in her own home in East Ayrshire. She is an energetic young lady, who loves living life to the full. She has a very full social life and enjoys going shopping and meeting up with Family and Friends on a regular basis. She also enjoys pamper sessions, listening to her music, dancing and going on holiday.
Amy is looking for someone who has:
- The ability to empower her at every reasonable opportunity to make decisions and take control over her life and the service we provide
- The skills to support her to have real live community connections that make sense
- The strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- The ability to stick to boundaries and routines
- A good sense of humour
- Similar interests
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understands and work in a person centred way
- Understands all behaviour is communication
- Support Amy to maintain her personal care and appearance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Has a suitable driving licence to drive a Motability car
- IT skills
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
Please note for this post there is a need for candidates to participate in a Rota which include evenings and weekends.
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Danielle Benton at Just Connections (a member of the Partners for Inclusion Group) on 07860924746, during office hours.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.