- Ref: DB/FW
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual
- Pay: £10.02 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 30th January 2022
- Interview Date: TBC
I am an independent young woman and I live in my own home. I am partially sighted and require some support with day to day life, both within my home and out and about. I have a dog and he goes almost everywhere with me as my assistance dog. We also enjoy long walks. I have my own car and it’s important to me, as I enjoy being out and about. I am very close to my family and they are very important to me. I enjoy a bit of banter and having a good laugh, but also enjoy a bit of peace and quiet. I am always looking for new places to go and new things to do, so a good knowledge of local areas and what’s on, either in the local community or further afield is important to me.
What I look for in a team member:
- A good positive outlook on life
- A good sense of humour
- Someone who has similar interests
- Someone who can stick to routines and keep boundaries
- Someone who is patient and a good listener
- Someone who can promote my independence
- Someone who is confident and a good team player
- A confident driver, therefore you must have a full driving licence
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Danielle Benton on 01563 825555. Please remember to put the Reference Code (DB\FW) on your application, so we can make sure it gets to the right person.
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order)
*There will be an expectation that all staff will take up the Covid Vaccine.