- Ref: DB/GMcC/AC
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual
- Pay: £9.30 plus sleepover payment per hour
- Employer: Just Connections ( part of the Partners for Inclusion Group
- Closing Date: 3rd January 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Anne is a sociable lady, who lives in her own home in the Stewarton area of East Ayrshire. Anne enjoys music, singing, walks along the beach in her wheelchair, but most of all she enjoy dancing away for hours.
We are looking to recruit a Team Member, who is sociable and friendly with a warm, comfortable and confident approach, who likes a good chat. Someone who is a creative thinker and is able to join an existing Team.
Candidate’s should have some experience of working with people who have a learning disability. Be able to support someone who struggles with trying out new things, and able to support someone, who can become anxious and upset by changes to their environment.
Anne is looking to:
• Maintain her close relationship with her family
• Promote and maintain friendships
• Promote a full and meaningful social life
• Develop her skills and independence
• Have support to help her to cope with Anxiety and self harm
Anne is looking for someone who is:
• Flexible in working times, as post includes evenings, weekends and sleepovers.
• Confident promoting clear and consistent boundaries
• Has the ability to stick to and promote structure and routines
• Has the strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
• Has similar interests
• Is a strong community connector.
• Has a good sense of humour and is good fun
• Is adventurous, forward thinking and motivated.
• Is patient, a good listener, and good communicator
• Is a team player
• Can motivate and support Anne
• Is patient
• Is a fit and active person, who enjoys the outdoors
Essential for the Support Practitioner’s role is that you can demonstrate the following:
• Understand and work in a person centred way
• Understand the importance of family involvement
• Understand all behaviour is communication
• Has excellent communication and written skills
. Has a suitable driving licence to drive a Motability car
• An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
• SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
This role involves shift work including evenings, weekends, sleepovers, and public holidays.
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please phone Danielle Benton or Gina McClinton at Just Connections on 01563 825555, during office hours.
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.