- Ref: DD/MG
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Part Time - 11hrs Per Week
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (Part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 21st August 2020
- Interview Date: TBC
Moira is in her 50’s and lives in her own home in East Ayrshire. Moira is active in her local community and likes to be out and about shopping, lunching, visiting new places and meeting new people, keeping up with old friends and family as well as spending time in her home and garden.
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understand how to work in a person centred way
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Ability to motivate
- Flexible approach
- Not easily phased and have a calm approach
- Can work in a consistent and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Written skills
- The ability to maintain boundaries
- Work on own initiative and as part of the team
- Understanding and/or experience of Mental Health
- SVQ Level 3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact David Drennan at Just Connections (a project of Partners for Inclusion) on 07715 062915 during office hours
Get an application form and job description by calling our office on 01563 825555 or alternatively apply using documentation below.
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.