- Ref: GMcC/MG
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Part Time - 11
- Pay: £10.02 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections ( part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 14th January 2022
- Interview Date: TBC
Moira is in her late 50’s and lives in her own home in East Ayrshire. Moira enjoys listening and singing along to her music. She is active in her local community and likes to be out and about shopping, lunching, visiting new places, meeting new people, keeping up with old friends and family as well as spending time in her home and garden. Moira also really enjoys going on short holidays with her team members.
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understand how to work in a person centred way
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Ability to motivate
- Flexible approach
- Not easily phased and have a calm approach
- Can work in a consistent and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Written skills
- The ability to maintain boundaries
- Work on own initiative and as part of the team
- Understanding and/or experience of Mental Health
- SVQ Level 3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Gina McClinton at Just Connections (a project of Partners for Inclusion) on 07811453177.
Get an application form and job description by calling our office on 01563 825555 or alternatively complete the Application Form below.
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.
*There will be an expectation that all staff will take up the Covid Vaccine.