- Ref: KB/VP
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual
- Pay: £9.50 per hour £95.00 sleepover payment
- Employer: Just Connections (a member of Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 10th October 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Veronica is an outgoing, friendly, chatty and active young woman who lives in her own tenancy in Prestwick.
Veronica loves spending time with her family, singing, shopping and general girly things.
Veronica is looking to:
- Maintain close relationship with her family
- Promote and maintain friendships
- Develop her skills in becoming independent
Veronica is looking for someone who is:
- Flexible in working times, as post includes evenings, weekends and sleepovers
- Confident, promoting clear and consistent boundaries
- Able to stick to and promote structure and routines
- Has the strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Has similar interests
- Is a strong community connector.
- Has a good sense of humour and is good fun
- Adventurous, forward thinking and motivated
- Patient, a good listener, and good communicator
- is a team player
- Can motivate and support Veronica to learn to cook and take care of her home.
- dedicated person who will help her lead her life to the full
- A fit and active person who enjoys the outdoors
Essential for the Support Practitioner’s role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understand and work in a person centred way
- Understand the importance of family involvement
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Has excellent communication and written skills
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults on the Autistic spectrum
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
This role involves shift work including evenings, weekends, sleepovers and public holidays.
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please phone Karen Brown on 01563 825 555 during office hours or 07811 451 802.
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.
This position comes under the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions order)
*There will be an expectation that all staff will take up the Covid Vaccine.