- Ref: LAM/JM/LL
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Hours: Part Time - 10
- Pay: £9.50 rising to £10.02 per hour
- Employer: Linking Lives (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 17th December 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Justin lives within the East Renfrewshire area and is looking for an experienced person to join his support team. Justin enjoys going out to Paisley on the bus and going for lunch. His independence is very important to him and he requires continuing support to maintain this. Justin has a toy room and values his toys very highly. He enjoys his support team reading stories to him and has a very eclectic music taste!
Justin’s support is usually 4 to 5 hours a day starting at 10am week days and 11am at the weekend.
For this position you would commonly work a rolling rota which would have 2 weekend days and 2 week days over a 2 week period, although this could change and flexibility is required.
It is essential that you have the ability to stay calm, even in stressful situations. You should be able to show empathy and have an understanding of Autism. Sticking to boundaries and following the support strategies in place is very important and helps to keep Justin safe and reduce any anxiety.
Personality characteristics that work best when supporting Justin are:
- Being comfortable with silence
- Positive attitude
- Confident but not overbearing
- Gentle nature
Personality characteristic that don’t work when supporting Jason are:
- Being bossy and taking charge
- Being loudly spoken or too chatty
- Being nervous or shy
- Overpowering or controlling
Your roles and responsibilities as a support practitioner will include:
- Assisting to maintain the home
- Assistance with shopping
- Forging community links
- Encouraging a healthy life style
- Record keeping
- Assisting with medication
- Working as part of a team
- Having clear communication and maintaining professional boundaries
The successful candidate will be:
Other benefits of this role are a competitive salary, excellent training and progression opportunities along with comprehensive employee benefits.
- Must be willing to work towards a relevant qualification for registration with the SSSC. In line with the Scottish Social Services Council, you will be required to have or to work towards an appropriate qualification in order to register with them.
- You will require to be registered with the PVG scheme before being employed with our organisation.
- SVQ level 2/3 in social care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this.
Does this sound like the opportunity you are looking for?
If so contact Laura Agnew-Munro on 07765246398 – Monday to Friday 9am-5pm quoting ref: LAM/JM/LL for an informal chat.
*This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.
*There will be an expectation that all staff will take up the Covid Vaccine.