- Ref: KB/FW
- Area: North Ayrshire South Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual - Casual
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections
- Closing Date: 3rd July 2020
- Interview Date: TBC
Frances is a woman who enjoys reading and is very intellectual. Frances’ appearance is important to her, and she would look for a team member to be honest with her if she does not suit something she was wearing, but, in a respectful way. Frances’ home is also very important to her and she is house proud. Frances is looking for a team who can support her to maintain her personal care, her home and develop new friendships. Frances is a very private person and it is important that her privacy is respected.
Ideally you will have experience of, or, have a real interest in supporting people with disabilities and mental health to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community.
Frances requires a small dedicated team to :
- Encourage her to try different things and support her to get out and about within her community
- Support her to maintain her health and also with her personal appearance
- Keep boundaries both professional and personal
- Have good motivational skills and the ability to focus on tasks
For the role it is essential that you :
- Are a driver and hold a clean driving licence to allow you drive a Motability car
- Have an understanding of what it means to work in a person centred way and recognise that all behaviour is communication
- Have patience and also have the ability to motivate
- Are not easily phased, have a calm approach and are able to maintain professional boundaries
- Can work in a consistent and professional manner
- Have excellent communication and written skills
- Have the ability to work alongside stakeholders and are able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Have a flexible approach
- SVQ Social Services and Health Care SCQF Level 6 or 7 (or equivalent) or be willing to work towards this
Please note this role requires a you to work in a Rota which will include evening and weekends. Working hours vary from 9 – 11 am, 9– 12 pm, 3 – 5pm, 3 – 6pm, and 11am- 4pm.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
* This position has a “genuine occupational requirement” covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applicants from females requested.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Karen Brown at Just Connections (a project of Partners for Inclusion) on 07811 458 802, alternatively Email firstname.lastname@example.org