- Ref: BA/KC/YQ
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Hours: Part Time - 20
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 30th April 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Bobby is 22 years of age and lives in East Renfrewshire with his parents. Bobby enjoys music and this is his favourite thing. He enjoys musical instruments, such as the guitar which he loves strumming and also listening to someone play.
Bobby enjoys spending time at home, as well as outdoors, he like big open spaced like Pollok Country Part or Whitelees Wind Farm.
Bobby likes to spend time with his family, they are an important part of his life. Bobby needs someone who can work to structure and boundaries to allow him to live his best life.
People who know and care for Bobby say he is:
• Has a good sense of humour
• Musical Instruments
• Taking Pictures
• Being outdoors
• His own Space
• Sensory smells (lavender, lemongrass etc)
• Being out in his car
• Freedom to move around
We are looking for a Support Practitioner who can:
• Work in a person centred way
• Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
• An understanding of their professional boundaries but also show humanity
• Understand all behaviour is communication
• Have a full driving licence and ability to drive a Motability vehicle
• Demonstrate excellent communication, listening and written skills
• Have good IT skills
• Promote with confidence clear and consistent boundaries
• Stick to and promote structure and routines
• Show strength of character and adapt to challenging situations
• Share similar interests
• Promote strong community networking
• Possess a good sense of humour
• Be forward thinking and motivated
• Be energetic
• An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
• An understanding of Autism
• SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care or willing to work towards this
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new and diverse.
If you feel that you can work in partnership with Bobby, his family and other
agencies then we want to hear from you.
The post involves days, evenings, weekends support.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order)
If you would like an informal discussion before applying please contact, Karen Campbell at Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group) on 01563 825555.
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010, therefore only Males need apply.