- Ref: DD/JP
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Various - Various hours available
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connection (Member of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 18th September 2020
- Interview Date: TBC
Jake is a young man who requires support to live in his own home. He is fun loving and like most young people needs some direction and support in making decisions. Jake is very active and enjoys getting out for long walks and going cycling. He enjoys photography, football, x box and visiting his family. Jake is used to having some structure in his daily routines and had adapted his routine accordingly during the restricted period.
Jake is looking for someone who:
- Has the strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Has a consistent approach in their work practice
- Has the ability to stick to boundaries and routines
- Has a good knowledge of supporting someone with autism
- Likes to go long walks and be active
- Understands all behaviour is communication
- Has excellent communication skills
If you feel you have the qualities that Jake is looking for and would like to support him, we would like to hear from you.
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities, particularly those who are on the autistic spectrum.
This role involves shift work including evening, weekends, sleepovers and public holidays.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, you can contact David Drennan on 01563 825555.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
*For this position gender, is a “Genuine Occupational Requirement” in line with the Equality Act 2010.