- Ref: FJ/LH/ZM
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Hours: Full Time - 19
- Pay: £12.50 per hour plus sleepover payment
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion Group
- Closing Date: 23rd February 2024
- Interview Date: TBC
We are looking for a Senior Support Practitioner to work with and support Findlay and his team.
Findlay is looking for an experienced Senior Support Practitioner to support him on his journey into adulthood. He currently lives with his parents in the family home; however, will be moving to his own home soon. Findlay has recently left school and is exploring options of places he likes to go; things he likes to do and people he might want to spend time with as he develops as a young adult.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Findlay’s journey within the transition period of moving to his own home, developing his skills to live life as independently as possible and meet his desired outcomes. When Findlay moves into his own home, he will require 24/7 support which includes overnight support.
The Senior Support Practitioner role involves providing direct support to Findlay as well as providing support and leadership to the team.
Essential Skills and requirements for this role are:
- An understanding and/or experience of autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Proactive and supportive with a ‘can do’ attitude approach to supporting people with additional support needs
- Effective leadership skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to develop self and others
- Robust decision making
- Understand and demonstrate professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills and IT skills
- Good listener
- Experience or knowledge of working with multi-disciplinary colleagues and families
- Ability to implement and develop Working Policy (support plans) and agreed protocols along with the team
It is a requirement that the candidate holds an SVQ 3 or equivalent qualification.
As this is a developing service you will play a major role in supporting Findlay and the team through the transition from him living in the family home to living in his own home. This also includes the increase from part time community support to full time support in the home and community.
The successful candidates must also register with the SSSC in Care at Home and Housing Support Services on taking up the post. You will also need to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG). This post is subject to a 6-month probationary period.