- Ref: AP/KC/YQ
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Hours: Variable - 14
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 7th May 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Amelia is a young lady, who lives in East Renfrewshire, this is her first home of her own. Amelia has started to build up relationships within her new local area, by going to groups, resource centres and the local shops. Amelia enjoys being out and about meeting new people.
Amelia has her own car, which she enjoys getting out and about in.
Amelia has built up good relationships with her neighbours.
People who knows Amelia say that she is very artistic and friendly, with a great sense of humour. Amelia loves being around people, she needs to know what is going on and likes clear communication.
Working with Amelia is very rewarding, as she enjoys visiting new places and learning about new things.
People who know and care for Amelia say she is:
• Loves being around people
• Likes clear communication
• Needs to know what is going on and when
• Spending time with her family
• Arts and Crafts
• Baking and Cooking
• Likes dogs
• Getting out and about
• Freedom to move around
• To be involved in the decisions in her life
We are looking for Support Practitioners who can:
• Work in a person centred way
• Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
• An understanding of their professional boundaries but also show humanity
• Understand all behaviour is communication
• Have a full driving licence and ability to drive a Motability vehicle
• Demonstrate excellent communication, listening and written skills
• Possess IT skills
• Work as part of a small team
• Promote with confidence clear and consistent boundaries
• stick to and promote structure and routines
• show strength of character and adapt to challenging situations
• share similar interests
• Promote strong community networking
• Possess a good sense of humour
• Be forward thinking and motivated
• Be energetic
• An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
• An understanding of Autism
• Full Driving Licence
• SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new and diverse. If you feel that you can work in partnership with Amelia, her family and other agencies, then we want to hear from you.
The post involves days, evening’s, weekends and sleep-overs on a rota basis.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Karen Campbell at Just Connections on 01563 825555 during office hours.