- Ref: BK/DD
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual
- Pay: £9.50 rising to £10.02 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 17th December 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Brian is a young man who lives in South Ayrshire. We are looking to recruit a dedicated Support Practitioner who will support him to be active in his local community and encourage him to be all he can be. Brian has adapted his routine accordingly during any periods of restricted movement.
People who know and care for Brian say he is:–
- Trendy and handsome
- Likes routine and structure
- Giggly and mischievous
- has his own style and identity
- An outdoor fanatic
- Bit of an Adrenaline Junkie
- Spending time with his family
- Theme Parks
- Horse riding
- Going to the Gym
- Eating Out
We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:–
- Positive role models
- An understanding their professional boundaries but also show humanity
- Possess good communication, listening and written skills
- Possess a good sense of humour and good fun
- Adventurous, forward thinking and motivated
- Flexible in approach
- Confident promoting clear and consistent boundaries
- Able to stick to and promote structure and routines
- Able to show strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Strong community networking
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:–
- Work in a person centred way
- Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
- An understanding all behaviour is communication
- Possess excellent communication and written skills
- Work as part of a small team
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
- An understanding of Autism
- Full Driving Licence
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
If you feel that you can work in partnership with Brian, his family and other agencies then we want to hear from you.
The post involves days, evenings, weekends and sleep-overs on a rota basis.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying please contact, David Drennan at Just Connections on 07715062915.
*There will be an expectation that all staff will take up the Covid Vaccine.