- Ref: DB/JW
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Variable - 14 hours and Casual
- Pay: £9.30 per hour plus sleepover rate (£93.00)
- Employer: Just Connections (part of The Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 16th October 2020
- Interview Date: TBC
Hi I’m Jason I live in my own home in East Ayrshire, and I’m looking for a Support Practitioner to join my Team.
I love insects, including spiders and enjoy spending time looking for them!
I like super heroes, magazines, jigsaws and I also like listening to music.
I like to know what’s happening around me and like to spend time in my room at times.
I have a learning disability and I’m on the Autistic Spectrum,
I find change difficult, therefore getting the right people to support me is important.
I need a dedicated team who;
- Empower me at every reasonable opportunity and help me make day to day decisions
- Enable me to be involved in all aspects of running my own home
- Enable me to be a good neighbour
- Enable me to have real community connections that make sense
- Support me within my new community
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understand how to work in a person centred way
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Ability to motivate
- Flexible approach
- Not easily phased and have a calm approach
- Can work in a consistent and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Good written skills
- The ability to maintain boundaries
- Work on own initiative and as part of the Team
- Understanding and/or experience of Autism
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
- A clean driving licence to drive a Motability car
Please note for this post there is a need for candidates to participate in a rota which includes evening, weekends and sleepovers.
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities, to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Danielle Benton, Team Facilitator at Just Connections (a member of Partners for Inclusion Group) on 01563 825555, during office hours.