- Ref: DD/CT
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual
- Pay: £10.02 per hour plus £100.20 sleepover payment
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 7th February 2022
- Interview Date: TBC
Chris is an outgoing, friendly, chatty, and active young man with a wicked sense of humour.
Chris enjoys music and quiz DVD’s, especially “Question of sport” and “Millionaire”. Chris loves to go on the bus to Glasgow, visit the Museums and watch the buskers. Chris also loves spending time with his family and enjoys going on holidays and going out for lunch. Chris enjoys going swimming and taking part in activities with a local group in his area.
Chris has adapted his routine during recent restrictions and continues to go out for walks each day and picking up lunch whilst out.
Chris is looking to:
- Maintain his close relationship with his family
- Promote and maintain friendships
- Develop his skills
- Promote his independence, maintain his home, and learn to cook.
Chris is looking for someone who:
- Is flexible in working times, as post includes evenings, weekends and sleepovers.
- Is confident promoting clear and consistent boundaries
- Has the ability to stick to and promote structure and routines
- Has the strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Has similar interests
- Is a strong community connector
- Has a good sense of humour and is good fun
- Is adventurous, forward thinking and motivated
- Is patient, a good listener and good communicator
- Is a team player
- Can motivate and support Chris to learn to cook and take care of his home.
- Is a dedicated person who will help him lead his life to the full
- Is patient
- Is a fit and active person, who enjoys the outdoors
Essential for the Support Practitioner role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understands and works in a person centred way
- Understands the importance of family involvement
- Understands all behaviour is communication
- Has excellent communication and written skills
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
This role involves shift work including evenings, weekends, sleepovers and public holidays.
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are able to be registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please phone David Drennan at Just Connections on 07715062915.
*There will be an expectation that all staff will take up the Covid Vaccine.