- Ref: GL/FQ
- Area: Renfrewshire
- Hours: Part Time - 16-20
- Pay: £9.30 (pay award pending) per hour
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion Group
- Closing Date: 24th May 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Gavin is an active person with a great sense of humour and a wide range of hobbies and interests. He enjoys his walking group, swimming, cinema and theatre. He loves music especially rock and pop; he attends concerts and tribute nights and a weekly music class. Gavin is a very sociable person and attends various groups and enjoys meeting new people. He is a “snappy dresser” and has an extensive wardrobe. Gavin is unable to use words but communicates with body language and actions. He is supported by a dedicated team, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Gavin is a wheelchair user and enjoys the outdoors despite the weather, so you need to be fit, enjoy walking, especially if it’s raining and windy outside.
Gavin is looking for a Team Member to:
- Be able to work in a person centred way
- Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Be a flexible and enthusiastic team member
- Demonstrate excellent communication, listening and written skills
- Possess good IT skills
- Show strength of character and adapt to challenging situations
- Share similar interests
- Promote strong community networking
- Be physically fit and energetic
- Have a full driving licence and ability to drive a Motability vehicle
- Must be willing to work towards a relevant qualification for registration with the SSSC. In line with the Scottish Social Services Council, you will be required to have or to work towards an appropriate qualification in order to register with them.
- You will require to be registered with the PVG scheme before being employed with our organisation.
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care or willing to work towards this
If you would like an informal chat about this vacancy please call Fiona Quinn, Area Facilitator on 07530 932444 during office hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.