- Ref: GMcC/DB/JR
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Variable - 14 hours
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 18th September 2020
- Interview Date: TBC
John lives in his own home in East Ayrshire. He is an energetic gentleman who loves living life to the full. John enjoys going for drives in his car, walks along the local beaches and going to his local shops. He also enjoys listening to his music, has a keen interest in building things out of Lego, and loves to spend time in his garden.
John is looking for someone who has:
- The ability to empower him at every reasonable opportunity to make decisions and take control over his life and the service we provide.
- The skills to support him to have real live community connections that make sense.
- The strength of character to adapt to challenging situations.
- The ability to stick to boundaries and routines.
- A good sense of humour.
- Someone creative, that can bring new ideas to my life would be great!
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understands and work in a person centred way
- Understands all behaviour is communication
- Support John to maintain his personal care and appearance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Has a suitable driving licence to drive a Motability car
- IT skills
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
Please note for this post there is a need for candidates to participate in a Rota which include evening and weekend shifts.
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities, to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact either Danielle Benton or Gina McClinton at Just Connections (a member of the Partners for Inclusion Group) on 01563 825555 during office hours.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).