- Ref: KC/YQ/SMcK
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Hours: Variable - 14 hrs
- Pay: £9.50, soon rising to £10.02 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 3rd December 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Steven is a young man who lives within his own home in East Renfrewshire, he requires support within his home and to go out and about.
Steven enjoys going out in his car for a drive. Steven is into his IPad, DVD’s, listening to and playing music, swimming, assisted cycling, sensory activities, therapees and enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Steven likes to meet up with people who have similar interest’s loves a bit of banter with his team member’s and family.
Steven is very friendly and can be quite tactile, as this is how he communicates.
Steven has a very close family that he spend time with every week.
We are looking for a Support Practitioner who has:
- Strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Motivated and forward thinking
- The ability to stick to boundaries and routines
- Able to support him with in his family home
- Work with transition of moving to his own home
- Like to be out and about
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be expressive (facial, body language)
- Be outgoing and sociable/Willing to try new things
- Enjoy having fun
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post. Further information can be found below
If you feel you have the qualities that Steven is looking for and feel you would like to support him to develop and build a life for himself, we would like to hear from you.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying you can contact Karen Campbell or Yvonne Quinn on 01563 825516.
Please remember to put the right Reference Code (KC/YQ/SMcK) on your application so we can make sure it gets to the right person.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
*There will be an expectation that all staff will take up the Covid Vaccine.