- Ref: PMcD/KC/YQ
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Hours: Variable - 14
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 10th April 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Peter is young man who lives in East Renfrewshire. This is his first home of his own. Peter is well known is his local community and enjoys being out and about meeting new people.
Peter enjoys getting out and about in he likes to keep his fitness level up he enjoys long walks.
Peter enjoys spending time with his family they are an important and big part of his life.
People who know Peter say he is friendly with great sense of humour Peter loves being around people, he needs to know what is going on and likes clear communication.
Working with Peter is very rewarding as he enjoys visiting new places and learning about new things.
People who know and care for Peter say he is:
• Very Independent
• Great Sense of Humour
• Loves being around people
• Likes clear communication
• Needs to know what is going on and when
• Spending time with his family
• Swimming/keeping fit
• Baking and Cooking
• Having a laugh and a joke
• Getting out and about
• Football (Celtic in particular)
• To be involved in the decisions in his life
We are looking for Support Practitioners who can:
• Work in a person centred way
• Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
• An understanding of their professional boundaries but also show humanity
• Understand all behaviour is communication
• Have a full driving licence and ability to drive a Motability vehicle
• Demonstrate excellent communication, listening and written skills
• Possess IT skills
• Work as part of a small team
• Promote with confidence clear and consistent boundaries
• stick to and promote structure and routines
• show strength of character and adapt to challenging situations
• share similar interests
• Promote strong community networking
• Possess a good sense of humour
• Be forward thinking and motivated
• Be energetic
• An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
• An understanding of Autism
• Full Driving Licence
• SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new and diverse. If you feel that you can work in partnership with Peter, his family and other agencies then we want to hear from you.
The post involves days, evening’s weekend and sleep-overs on a rota basis.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying please contact Karen Campbell at Just Connections on 01563 825516.