- Ref: RA/LA
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Hours: Variable
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion Group
- Closing Date: 9th May 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
We are looking for experienced and highly motivated individuals to join a small team providing support to a man who lives in his own home. Tom enjoys singing and people watching, spending time with his friends and family to name a few.
You should have a good knowledge, understanding and experience in supporting someone with a learning disability to run their own home, to make friends, find employment and, or further education.
Qualities and skills we would be looking for are as follows:
- Understanding and experience of supporting someone with a learning disability
- A clear understanding of how to work in a person centred way
- An understanding that all behaviour is communication
- Ability to motivate Tom
- Have a Flexible approach
- Not easily phased and have a calm approach
- Can work in a consistent and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
- A clean driving licence to drive a Motability car
- Good Written skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work alongside others within a Team setting
- The ability to maintain boundaries
- Work on own initiative and as part of the team
- Have similar Interests
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).