- Ref: RMcK/SMcL/LM
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Hours: Variable - 18 hrs
- Pay: £9.50 per hour
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion Group
- Closing Date: 23rd July 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Ross is young man who lives in South Ayrshire. Ross has lived in his own home for over 1 year. Now that lockdown has eased, we are trying to build Ross’s confidence again, by getting him out and about and going to activities he enjoys. Pre-Covid Ross would go to the bowling, swimming and long walks to the park and beach.
Ross has his own car, which he enjoys getting out and about in.
Ross has a good relationship with his parents and sister.
People who know Ross say he has the biggest smile and has a great sense of humour. Ross enjoys making his own choices on where to go and what he likes to do.
People who know and care for Ross say he is:
- Loves his music and DVDs
- Likes clear communication
- Needs to know what is going on
- Spending time with his family
- Movies such as Kindergarten Cop
- Being praised when helping
- Marble run and puzzle games
- To be involved in the decisions in his life
We are looking for Support Practitioners who can:
- Work in a person centred way
- Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
- An understanding of their professional boundaries but also show humanity
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Have a full driving licence and ability to drive a Motability vehicle
- Demonstrate excellent communication, listening and written skills
- Possess IT skills
- Work as part of a small team
- Promote, with confidence, clear and consistent boundaries
- Stick to and promote structure and routines
- Show strength of character and adapt to challenging situations
- Share similar interests
- Possess a good sense of humour
- Be forward thinking and motivated
- Be energetic
- An understanding of experience of supporting adults with learning difficulties
- An understanding of Autism
- Full Driving Licence
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new and diverse. If you feel that you can work in partnership with Ross, his family and other agencies then we want to hear from you.
This post involves 3 x day shifts from 10am-4pm on a rota basis.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion, before applying please contact Sarah McLachlan at Partners for Inclusion on 07814738451, during office hours.