- Ref: SH/KC/YQ
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Hours: Variable - 2 x 14hrs per week
- Pay: £9.50 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 21st June 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Stuart is 34 years of age and lives in East Renfrewshire, within his own home. Stuart enjoys being out and about in his local community, as well as travelling into Glasgow City Centre or some days going further afield.
Stuart enjoys spending time at home as well as outdoors.
Stuart likes to spend time with his family, who are an important part of his life. Stuart likes to have boundaries and structure in his day to day life.
People who know and care for Stuart say he is:
• An outdoor fanatic and a thrill seeker
• Roller Skating
• Ice Skating
• His own Space
• Being out in his car
• Freedom to move around
We are looking for a Support Practitioner who can:
• Work in a person centred way
• Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
• An understanding of their professional boundaries but also show humanity
• Understand all behaviour is communication
• Have a full driving licence and ability to drive a Motability vehicle
• Demonstrate excellent communication, listening and written skills
• Have good IT skills
• Promote with confidence clear and consistent boundaries
• Stick to and promote structure and routines
• Show strength of character and adapt to challenging situations
• Share similar interests
• Promote strong community networking
• Possess a good sense of humour
• Be forward thinking and motivated
• Be energetic
• An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
• An understanding of Autism
• SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care or willing to work towards this
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new and diverse. If you feel that you can work in partnership with Stuart, his family and other agencies then we want to hear from you.
This post involves days, evenings, weekends and overnight support on a rota basis.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order)
If you would like an informal discussion before applying please contact, Karen Campbell at Just Connections on 01563 825555.