- Ref: WC/GM/LDR
- Hours: Casual
- Pay: £9.50 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 18th July 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Lorna is an independent young woman, who lives in Ayr. She is currently looking to recruit a Support Practitioner to join her small all-female team. Lorna needs people who will support her to achieve her full potential, this includes supporting her to recognise her own gifts, skills and to help build her confidence in trying new things. Lorna is a very clever lady, who knows her own mind, she needs some support to ensure the choices she makes fit in with the life she wants.
If you could describe yourself as tenacious , broad minded and creative, then Lorna may have room in her team for you.
Essential support worker skills/ attributes
- Like cats
- Be consistent
- Be open minded
- Good at making decisions
- Skilled at getting people to think for themselves
- Have a positive outlook
- Stick with her during tough times
- Understanding and/or experience of Autism
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
- Would like to learn Italian
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Wendy Clark at Just Connections (a member of Partners for Inclusion Group) on 01563 825555.