- Ref: WC/GM/RW
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Hours: Part Time - 10
- Pay: £9.30 per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 8th April 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
Ross is a 32-year-old man who lives in his own home. Ross is currently looking for a Support Practitioner to join his existing Team.
Ross enjoys watching all sports; especially football and loves going to local football matches and wrestling events. He also enjoys music and going along to music events. Ross enjoys shopping, going out for lunch, visiting family and catching up with friends.
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A good sense of fun
- Ability to be flexible, working as part of a rota, covering evenings and weekends
- Ability to work and communicate well as part of a Team and on own initiative
- The ability to engage with family members
- Hold a full UK driving licence to drive Ross’s Motability car
- SVQ Level 3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understands and work in a person centred way
- Understands all behaviour is communication
- Support Ross to maintain his personal care and appearance
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has a suitable driving licence to drive a Motability car
- Good Written skills
- Good IT skills
- SVQ Level 2/3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
Please note for this post there is a need for candidates to participate in a rota which could include evenings and weekends.
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Wendy Clark at Just Connections (Partners for Inclusion Group) on 01563 825555.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).