- Ref: ES/LM/LL
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Variable - 2 x 12 hours
- Pay: £9.50 per hour
- Employer: Linking Lives (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 20th August 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
This is an exciting opportunity for you to help a young man shape his future.
Euan lives with his family, and he is looking for enthusiastic, creative and forward-thinking people to join his Team and support him to live his life.
Euan is a very likeable character who loves to go swimming and trampolining. He also enjoys zip lines at play parks and going on long walks. Euan enjoys daytrips and getting out with his Support Team in his own car. Euan is looking for committed and reliable people who will bring new ideas and assist Euan in finding his place in the world.
Part of Euan’s support will include assisting him to forge new and maintain existing relationships. Help him to learn life skills and try new things. Working with Euan will also include aspects of personal care. Euan uses some signs to communicate so being observant is key.
You Must be:
- A strong swimmer
- A good communicator
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Able to work in a person-centred way
- Able to work flexible hours to support Euan with an array of activities.
- An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities.
- An understanding of autism would be desirable however training will be given
- Have a full driving licence and ability to drive a Motability vehicle
- An understanding of working within self-reliant teams
- Open to learning
- Good communication observation and networking skills
- IT skills
- SVQ level 2/3 in social care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new and diverse. If you feel you can work in partnership with Euan, his family and other agencies then we want to hear from you. If you would like an informal chat about this vacancy please call Laura Munro on 07765246398 between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
This post is subject to Registration with SSSC within 6 months of starting post. You require to registered with the PVG scheme before being employed with our organisation.