Raymond is a 47 year old man who lives in his own home in the Kilmarnock Area and communicates using British Sign Language. Raymond is a sociable, outgoing man who loves to bowl, play bingo, watching football, technology, computing, going for drives in his car and meeting up with friends and family.
Raymond is deaf and is looking for someone who can support someone to overcome barriers using creative thinking, positive reassurance and a calm and confident approach to promote social inclusion, build on existing relationships and support Raymond to pursue a job and his skills.
- Hours: 16 Hours
- Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour
- Area: Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire
- Employer: Just Connections (a part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 17 May 2019
- Reference: DD/RC
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
Raymond is looking for someone to support him who:
· Can use British Sign Language OR is willing to learn
· Is a strong community connector
· Has strong family values and understands the importance of family involvement.
· Has similar interests
· Has a good sense of humour
· Is forward thinking
· Is adventurous and creative
· Is patient, a good listener and excellent communicator
· Is confident, consistent, and can give clear and consistent boundaries
· Is calm and confident in challenging situations
Requirements for this vacancy
Essential for the Support Worker role is that you can demonstrate the following:
· Understands and works in a person centred way
· Understands all behaviour is communication
· Must have a current driving licence
· Excellent Written skills
· Able to use B.S.L or willing to learn
If you feel you have the skills and qualities that Raymond is looking for we would really like to hear from you. If you would like an informal chat about this vacancy please call David Drennan on 01563 825516, during office hours.
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel. 01563 825555 / email firstname.lastname@example.org.