We have a vacancy for a Support Worker in the East Renfrewshire area to support a young guy Callum who lives in his own home. Callum is pretty independent and has developed skills including around his house and getting out and about his local community.
At the Partners group we work on the matching process, Callum with the support of his family will choose the best team of people to support him in a way that makes sense to him, therefore its important that you enjoy the same things. See below for what Callum enjoys:
· Enjoys being outdoors walking
· Enjoys his laptop and I pad having his own space at times
· Callum loves open space and enjoys running
· He likes browsing around charity shops
Watching Disney movies
Hours: 14 Hours
Rate of Pay: £9.00
Area: East Renfrewshire
Employer: Partners for Inclusion
Closing Date: 30th November 2019
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme (both employee and Organisation contribute)
- Credit Union
- Death in Service
- Nightingales Counselling Service
- Excellent Training
- Be part of a committed team
The important qualities required to become a successful part of this team you should be motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and energetic.
The main responsibilities you will have when supporting Callum are with all aspects of his life, in particular medication, finance, keeping him safe and healthy,
You must be motivated to seeking and trying out new opportunities. You should be able to work on your own initiative as this position is lone working as well as being part of a small self managed team.
· Be an outdoor person.
· His team need to be caring but firm.
· Naturally be able to help him feel safe.
· Be fun with a good sense of humour, and not be self-conscious or easily offended.
· Be comfortable with Callum in your space when he initiates contact.
· Laidback and confident
· Forward thinking and willing to try new things.
· Do not be tempted to tidy up for Callum but promote his independence and appreciate that he likes things in a certain way.
· Tone of voice is very important for Callum he needs someone on a level, not too loud/shrill.
Requirements for this vacancy
Must be willing to work towards a relevant qualification for registration with the SSS
In line with the Scottish Social Services Council you will be required to have or work towards an appropriate qualification in order to register with them. You will require to be registered with the PVG scheme before being employed with our organisation.
For an informal chat about this vacancy please call Laura Bogan on 07837652791, during office hours
To apply for this vacancy please download the files below. If you have difficulty completing the application form, please contact us: Tel.01563 825 555, during office hours / email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org