- Ref: FT/JP
- Pay: £10.50 plus £105 sleepover payment per hour
- Employer: Just Connections (Part of the PFI Group)
- Closing Date: 5th March 2023
- Interview Date: TBC
Jake is a young man who requires support to live in his own home. Like most young people needs some direction and support in making decisions.
Jake is very active and enjoys getting out for long walks and going cycling. He enjoys playing basketball and tennis, watching his local football team, attending his club with his friends and visiting his family.
Jake is looking for someone who:
- Has the strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Has a consistent approach in their work practice
- Has the ability to stick to boundaries and routines
- Has a good knowledge of supporting someone with autism
- Likes to go long walks and be active
- Understands all behaviour is communication
- Has excellent communication skills
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities, particularly those who are on the autistic spectrum.
This role involves shift work including evening, weekends, sleepovers and public holidays.
If you feel you have the qualities that Jake is looking for and would like to support him we would like to hear from you.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, you can contact Fiona Thomson on 01563 825516.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
This position has a “genuine occupational requirement” covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from males are requested.