- Ref: AB/DB
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Pay: 10.90 per hour
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion
- Closing Date: 20th October 2023
- Interview Date: TBC
COME JOIN OUR EXCITING TEAM
Derek is a young man in his early 30’s who resides in his own home near the Kilmarnock area. Derek enjoys going for walks, dancing, bowling, eating out and listening to music. He also enjoys meeting up with his friends. Derek has his own car although does like to use the bus or train now and again.
Derek is living life to the full and is looking to recruit a new team member 14 hours plus sleepover, to join an already established, motivated team to help him do all the things he likes.
- Understanding and/or experience of Autism and Epilepsy.
- SVQ Level 3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
- Have experience of supporting people with a learning disability would be advantageous
- Good patience
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Enjoy having fun
- Enjoy getting out and about
- Have a full UK driving license
Please note for this post there is a need for candidates to participate in rota which includes evening, weekends and sleepovers.
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and must be able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council within 6 months of employment.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact Angela Baird at Partners for Inclusion on 07860924412
Get an application form and job description by calling our recruitment line on 01563 825555 or alternatively download an application.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).