- Ref: AB/KK
- Area: South Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual
- Pay: £10.50 per hour plus sleepover payment
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion Group
- Closing Date: 20th October 2023
- Interview Date: TBC
We are looking for experienced and highly motivated individual to join a small team providing support to a man who lives in his own home. Craig is active, enthusiastic and likes to be on the go, out and about, spending time with his family and friends.
Craig enjoys going swimming, shopping, walks along the beach and in the park, holidays and attending his regular clubs.
You should have a good knowledge, understanding and experience in supporting someone with a learning disability to run their own home, to make friends, find employment and or further education.
Qualities and skills we would be looking for are as follows:
- Understanding and experience of supporting someone with a learning disability
- A clear understanding of how to work in a person centred way
- An understanding that all behaviour is communication
- Ability to motivate Craig
- Have a Flexible approach
- Not easily phased and have a calm approach
- Can work in a consistent and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
- A clean driving licence to drive a Motability car
- Good written skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work alongside others within a Team setting
- The ability to maintain boundaries
- Work on own initiative and as part of the team
- Have similar Interests
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).
If you are interested in applying for this position you can download an application pack here. Alternately if you would like more information or an informal chat you should contact Angela Baird on 07860924412 during office hours.