- Ref: FT/JP
- Area: East Ayrshire
- Hours: Casual
- Pay: £10.90 per hour plus sleepover payment
- Employer: Just Connections (part of the Partners for Inclusion Group)
- Closing Date: 18th August 2023
- Interview Date: TBC
Jake is a young man who requires support to live in his own home. Like most young people, he needs some direction and support in making decisions. Jake is very active and enjoys getting out for long walks and going cycling. He also enjoys playing basketball and tennis, watching his local football team, attending his club with his friends and visiting his family.
Jake is looking for someone who:
- Has the strength of character to adapt to challenging situations
- Has a consistent approach in their work practice
- Has the ability to stick to boundaries and routines
- Has a good knowledge of supporting someone with autism
- Likes to go long walks and be active
- Understands all behaviour is communication
- Has excellent communication skills
If you feel you have the qualities that Jake is looking for and would like to support him we would like to hear from you.
You should also have experience of, or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities, particularly those who are on the autistic spectrum.
This role involves shift work including evenings, weekends, sleepovers and public holidays.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, you can contact Fiona Thomson on 01563 825555.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order).