- Ref: JN/IP
- Area: East Renfrewshire
- Pay: 11.50 per hour
- Employer: Partners for Inclusion
- Closing Date: 4th August 2023
- Interview Date: TBC
Partners for Inclusion Group have an exciting opportunity for the right person in East Renfrewshire for Ian.
Ian is a young man who lives in his own home with the support of his team in Newton Mearns. Ian needs a support team around him to promote his independent and create opportunities to get out and about and help keep is house clean and tidy. Ian is very musical and taught himself how to play the piano, he taps out tunes and rhythms on his body. Ian is a fun guy to be around and can be quite affectionate with an infectious laugh. Ian, has autism and needs his team to be patient, understanding and take time to learn about him. Ian likes his team to initiate chores and activities and he will join in at his own pace. Ian is quite particular about how he eats his food and can make his own choices, but he may become fixed on certain foods. You would be fully trained in supporting Ian and some of the challenges that he can present.
Essential for the role is that you can demonstrate the following:
- Understand how to work in a person-centred way
- Understand all behaviour is communication
- Ability to motivate
- Flexible approach
- Not easily phased and have a calm approach
- Can work in a consistent and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Written skills
- The ability to maintain boundaries
- Work on own initiative and as part of the team
- Understanding and/or experience of Mental Health
- SVQ Level 3 in Social Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards this
You should also have experience of or a real interest in supporting people with disabilities to develop new skills and be part of their local and wider community
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying, please contact James Norris at Partners for Inclusion on 01563 825555.
Get an application form and job description by calling our office on 01563 825555 or alternatively download an application at www.partnersforinclusion.org.